[Openstack] Windows licensing (reprise)

Carl Perry caperry at edolnx.net
Sat Jul 13 03:14:52 UTC 2013

IANAL, but this link from Microsoft makes it sound like Windows Server
Standard will work for your case:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdownload%2F7%2F7%2F0%2F7707E736-4557-4310-9709-87358F7E6D1A%2FWindowsServer2012VirtualTech_VLBrief.pdf&ei=YMTgUcXNNeeaiAL9g4H4Aw&usg=AFQjCNHVFeEE4c__48Pw3v1M8sHyxh27PQ&sig2=ImQtCewwqrAzwQ_X4aTlMA&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE

(Sorry for the terrible link - here is a shorter one http://bit.ly/1bwce9l )

 From what I read, it appears you can run two Windows VMs for every
standard license. I would strongly suggest running that by your legal
team before taking my word.

   -Carl