[Openstack] Migrate volume from Essex to Folsom

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 12:57:03 UTC 2013

Pablo,

All the logic for device mappings its on the database, so be sure to
replicate (carefull no to overlap volumes id) all your volume data from the
table :

- volumes
- volumes metadata

An the most important one:

- block_device_mappings

On this tables is where actually resides the conection parameters for the
LUN and the connection method (driver specs)

{"driver_volume_type": "iscsi", "data": {"device_path":
"/dev/disk/by-path/ip-10.1.1.100:3260-iscsi-iqn.1992-08.com.netapp:sn.1874337601-lun-0",
"target_discovered": false, "target_iqn":
"iqn.1992-08.com.netapp:sn.1874337601", "target_portal": "10.1.1.100:3260",
"volume_id": 26, "target_lun": "0"}}

This info is what nova uses to trigger the isciadm commands to attach the
lun to the VM when volume_attach() is called,

And dont you forget to respect all the metadata and types values on the
tables:

volume_types
volume_types_extra_specs

And the values matches the ones that you have dumped on the migrated volume

With all of this you should be good to go without issues

Best

Lean
Mercadolibre Cloudbuilders Team