[Openstack] openstack orchestration

Roshan roshanagr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:33:20 UTC 2013

Geoff, I am commenting primarily on your suggested use of jBPM as the
orchestration engine, and less on the use of BPMN.

jBPM's  is more suited for on premise or private cloud deployments.

In a public cloud scenario, it will be challenging to use jBPM as a generic
orchestration engine - jBPM requires the code for the orchestration tasks to
be uploaded to the jBPM engine, or exposed as a public facing endpoint. The
need to upload code to a shared orchestration engine on the cloud introduces
challenges (security, isolation, scalability).  The following blog post
speaks to it in more detail-  http://roshanagrawal777.blogspot.com/