[Openstack] OpenStack Eseex, XP instances and DHCP service (vlan mode)

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Thu Feb 21 17:03:54 UTC 2013

I did had trouble with DHCP leasing with 2K3 R2 using Essex. At first
boot, the lease was taken from our corporate DHCP server instead of
nova-network dnsmasq.
I also noticed in EventViewer that, as you mention, DHCP leases were
sometimes forgotten.

After long time investigating, I had to answer, neither no fix. The only
workaround was to isolate physically our Essex setup to make sure DHCP
broadcast was not reaching our corp Win2k DHCP server.

Sorry, I admit this is not a clear solution, only the move to Quantum
with ProviderRouter fixed my issue.

-Sylvain