[Openstack] folsom basic installtion

Harish Kashyap mysticsasuke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:50:40 UTC 2013

We are more or less through with Folsom Basic installation. We are
following the basic installation guide on openstack website.
But we are encountering many networking and installation errors.
1) Installation errors occur on the controller node.
2) I think we are doing the networking wrong. We have connected the
management network through a switch, and the same with the Data network.
The IP addresses are all set to the given values of the manual itself,
using the interfaces file. I didn't understand about the bridges for the
External and API networks. I mean we have connected it directly to the
internet, which in-turn comes from a switch. Is that correct?
3) After having the network set-up, i am unable to ping to the other
computers. On both Management and Data networks.How should i fix that? How
can i know that the network is up and running properly?

Thanks