[Openstack] Cant ping private or floating IP

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Fri Feb 15 10:57:35 UTC 2013

Le 15/02/2013 11:42, Chathura M. Sarathchandra Magurawalage a écrit :

> How can I log into the VM from VNC? What are the credentials?

You have multiple ways to get VNC access. The easiest one is thru
Horizon. Other can be looking at the KVM command-line for the desired
instance (on the compute node) and check the vnc port in use (assuming
KVM as hypervisor).
This is basic knowledge of Nova.

> nova-api-metadata is running fine in the compute node.

Make sure the metadata port is avaible thanks to telnet or netstat,
nova-api can be running without listening on metadata port.