[Openstack] Grizzly -> Havana nova DB migration failure

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Dec 30 16:09:25 UTC 2013

Hi All,

 nova-manage  db sync is failing fro me with:

2013-12-30 10:53:22.795 3323 CRITICAL nova [-] (OperationalError)
(1061, "Duplicate key name
'uniq_task_log0task_
name0host0period_beginning0period_ending'") 'ALTER
TABLE task_log ADD CONSTRAINT
uniq_task_log0task_name0host0period_beginning0period_ending UNIQUE
(task_name, host, period_beginning, period_ending)' ()

the table being modified is empty, so I'm a bit puzzled if this is
saying the UNIQUE constraint can't be satisfied, which is how I'm
reading it.

upgrading from Grizzly to Havana.  The system is running Ubuntu 12.04
using cloud archive, was originally installed with essex and
incrementally upgraded since (I mention this because I also hit
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1245502 which is patched but not
in the cloud archive bits yet, that's the only local modification so
far on Hanava)

Help?
-Jon