[Openstack] [Ceilometer] VM instance CPU/disk/network utilization data

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 08:09:30 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

A common issue is a mismatch between the hostname used by nova
to associate instances with hosts, and the hostname used by the
ceilometer compute agent to constrain the query it uses to discover
the instances running on the local host.

Typically a mismatch might result from the hostname defaulting to
a FQDN in the nova case, and perhaps explicitly configured as an
plain hostname in the ceilometer case.

In fact the default hostname used by *both* service is by design
the same, socket.gethostname(), so if it's not explicitly configured
for both services, it will naturally match.

So check your /etc/ceilometer/ceilometer.conf for an explicit setting
of the host option in the [DEFAULT] section. You can just comment
that out to fall back onto the default value for the variable

Cheers,
Eoghan