[Openstack] [Swift] Swift on RHEL

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 11 18:19:16 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 06:24 PM, Kotwani, Mukul wrote:
> 2.6.18, not sure about the IO schedulers. The default scheduler
> could be different. Is the expected performance between the
> schedulers supposed to be that dramatically different?

I expect redhat didn't backport CFS to 2.6.18 -- that's the process
scheduler, not i/o. Whether it'd make a difference depends on your job
mix, of course.

But in general if it were centos/sl you could try installing kernel-ml
from elrepo and then running your comparison. If it's rhel: talk to
redhat (and they'll probably advise you to upgrade to 6.5 if not 7).

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin