[Openstack] no traffic between vnet0 and br100

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 6 00:05:21 UTC 2013

On 12/05/2013 05:39 PM, John Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I narrowed it down to no traffic between vnet0 and br100. Does anyone
>> have any pointers for that one?
>>
> Its probably not the same issue, but does it look anything like this ?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1257875

Define "like". ;)

I run tcpdump on vnet0, I see arp requests coming from the instance. I
run it on br100, I don't see anything coming from the instance.

# brctl show br100
br100           8000.003048c53032       no              eth0
                                                        vnet0

(I think I did "brctl addif br100 vnet0" manually at some point, it
didn't make any difference.)

brctl showmacs does not include guest's mac.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin