[Openstack] 'nova boot' : 'No valid host was found'

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 09:51:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:57 AM, Lorin Hochstein
<lorin at nimbisservices.com> wrote:
> John:
>
> I believe it should have worked if you set the following, as you specified
> earlier:
>
> scheduler_default_filters=AllHostFilter
>
> (In your original email, you wrote scheduler_default_filter without the s).

Hi, thanks for pointing that out. But now I still get an error: "
"Failed to scheduler_run_instance: No valid host was found. Exceeded
max scheduling attempts 3 for instance". I cant figure out why it
still fails, though.

By the way, looks like you made a small typo too: Its
'AllHostsFilter', and not 'AllHostFilter'.
;)

> If that isn't working for you, another thing you can do is play with the
> "ram_allocation_ratio" parameter in nova.conf, which controls how much
> OpenStack is willing to overcommit memory. The default is 1.5, which means
> that if there is 1GB of RAM free, OpenStack will allocate up to 1.5GB of RAM
> to an instance.

When I try 'ram_allocation_ratio=10', I get past the RamFilter: Filter
RamFilter returned 1 host(s).

But then I run into this error:

'libvirtError: internal error process exited while connecting to
monitor: char device redirected to /dev/pts/20 (label
charserial1)\nqemu: at
most 2047 MB RAM can be simulated

Regards,

John Smith