[Openstack] [Swift] Changing local logging destinations?

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 21:53:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:33:52 -0800
John Dickinson <me at not.mn> wrote:

> > Can someone give me advice on how to redirect logs from /var/log/syslog to /var/log/swift/{object|account|container}.logs?

> While a Swift-All-In-One certainly isn't something your should run in production, the SAIO document does have some guidance on how to configure rsyslogd to split out log messages.
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/development_saio.html#optional-setting-up-rsyslog-for-individual-logging

One also needs to drop Swift from the main log. E.g. on Fedora,
where /var/log/messages is used like /var/log/syslog on Debian,
it looks like this:

#*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;local0.none    /var/log/messages

-- P