[Openstack] Baremetal - Hardware preparation

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Fri Aug 23 06:42:23 UTC 2013

Jake G. wrote 22.08.2013 23:23:
> I understand your points and that is taken care of, but how
> exactly is Openstack going to connect to the hardware if the
> hardware has no OS and no IP?  How should the hardware be
> prepared so I can give Openstack the information it needs
> to enroll the hardware?

Some hardware comes with PXE enabled by default.
That depends on your hardware vendor.

Are you familar with PXE?
If not then learn about PXE, TFTP and DHCP.

But all this is not so directly related to OpenStack.
It is more about automatic unattended OS rollout.

Best Regards,
Peter Funk
--
Peter Funk, home: ✉Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee
mobile:+49-179-640-8878 phone:+49-421-20419-0 <http://www.artcom-gmbh.de/>