[Openstack] local openstack and EC2 nodes

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Tue Aug 13 05:59:45 UTC 2013

Steve,

You can look at cloud management platforms like Red Hat cloudforms or Scalr.
They both have the added benefit of adding a way to automate a lot of stuff for you (which is the reason we are currently looking at them)

Cloudforms seems to have a bit more features but at this moment I could not find any free/upstream version of cloudforms to play around with. That probably has to do with the fact that the product has been recently bought by Red Hat (former manageiq product).
You will probably have to go through the Red Hat sales channel to get the software at this moment.

Scalr is open source but they also have payed/supported version. For a very quick look you can use their hosted version with a free trial.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen

Sent from my iPad