[Openstack] hypervisor_type = QEMU even though KVM is installed and working

Daniel Ellison daniel at syrinx.net
Mon Aug 12 11:35:42 UTC 2013

On Aug 12, 2013, at 6:53 AM, Razique Mahroua <razique.mahroua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you try to reload the module and see if the issue persists?

After removing the kvm and kvm_intel modules, "modprobe kvm" and "modprobe kvm_intel" give no errors

"lsmod | grep kvm" gives me

    kvm_intel 137721  0
    kvm       415550  1 kvm_intel

"lscpu" says "Virtualization: VT-x"

The Arch Linux wiki says that a user of kvm needs to be in the "kvm" group. I added both the user I log in as to do command-line work ("stack") and the "nova" user to the "kvm" group. I restarted all services and still hypervisor-show gives me "QEMU".

Any thoughts?