[Openstack] [Ceph] volume attach failed

ibissga . ibissga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 09:52:17 UTC 2013

Hi!

I try to use openstack with ceph storage, and have trouble with it:
when I try to atach volume to instance, I got this errors in
nova-compute.log

NovaException: No Volume Connector found.

(full log live here: http://paste.openstack.org/show/43169/ )

My cinder.conf:

[DEFAULT]
debug=True
verbose=True
rootwrap_config = /etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf
sql_connection = mysql://cinder-common:zizPNifM5XKy@localhost/cinderdb
api_paste_confg = /etc/cinder/api-paste.ini
glance_host=192.168.1.254
#iscsi_helper = tgtadm
#volume_name_template = volume-%s
#volume_group = system
volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.rbd.RBDDriver
rbd_pool=volumes
rbd_user=volumes
rbd_secret_uuid=0188dd8c-3542-1596-f130-d821d9dbe816
glance_api_version=2
verbose = True
auth_strategy = keystone
logdir = /var/log/cinder
state_path=/var/lib/cinder
lock_path=/var/lock/cinder
#volumes_dir = /var/lib/cinder/volumes
storage_availability_zone=eu-nl-1
rabbit_host=192.168.1.254
rabbit_userid=xxxx
rabbit_password=xxxxx
rabbit_virtual_host=/
rbd_ceph_conf=/etc/ceph/ceph.conf

nova.conf on compute node (related to volumes):

####################
# VOLUMES / CINDER #
####################
# iscsi_helper default is ietadm, but probably you want to use tgtadm
#iscsi_helper=tgtadm
# You need this if you want to use Cinder (now the default).
volume_api_class=nova.volume.cinder.API

# Allow to perform insecure SSL requests to cinder (boolean value)
cinder_api_insecure=false

# Allow attach between instance and volume in different
# availability zones. (boolean value)
cinder_cross_az_attach=true

# Libvirt handlers for remote volumes. (list value)
libvirt_volume_drivers="rbd=nova.virt.libvirt.volume.LibvirtNetVolumeDriver,local=nova.virt.libvirt.volume.LibvirtVolumeDriver"

Thanks for any help
PS: sorry for bad English