[Openstack] openstack with xcp

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Sat Aug 3 18:45:10 UTC 2013

I would recommend using XenServr 6.2.  As Logan mentioned, XenServer is now fully open source and there is no paid for edition (although of course, Citrix will continue to offer support contracts).

XenServer 6.2 can be installed in "Pure OSS" or "XCP mode" which does not install the few components which are not owned by Citrix and cannot be open sourced - e.g. some drivers.

We will be updating this information soon to make it clear where to look for answers around what has happened with XCP - this is xenserver.org.

Bob