[Openstack] Changing DNS on Nova Network

Joshua Skains Joshua.Skains at evault.com
Fri Aug 2 16:49:01 UTC 2013

Found out the problem was far simpler to correct, but possibly exposes a bug.

I made the changes to flat network dns server entry in nova.conf, but nova-network does NOT properly restart dnsmasq. I actually had to killall dnsmasq and then restart nova-network.

Now dnsmasq is properly querying our DNS servers.

Hurm…