[Openstack] OpenStack Training

Chris Bartels chris at christopherbartels.com
Thu Apr 25 20:15:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

My experience with virtualization has been limited to the ProxmoxVE
platform, and with it I'm quite adept after working with it for a few years,
however I'm looking forward to migrating to OpenStack & would like to find a
way to learn as much about it as I can, in as efficient a manner as
possible.

I'm currently in the process of selling my laptop on eBay so that I can buy
a cheap used server with which to tinker with the new OpenStack Grizzly
release so I can start to learn first-hand about working with the software,
so I have that to look forward to, but I'm also on the lookout for more
opportunities to soak up information.

Today I found the 'OpenStack Foundation' YouTube channel, and have been
watching videos all morning. I'm happy with this to a degree. One in
particular entitled "Solving The OpenStack Talent Gap" turned me on to a
resource called 'Cloud Academy', which seemed promising at first, but after
getting registered with them- as far as I can tell they don't have training
content up & available yet, as their project is in its infancy apparently.

So I come to you all here on the list for suggestions as to whether there
exists reputable formal online training that I can sign up for somewhere-
free is better however I don't mind spending a thousand dollars for
top-notch training if it provides an industry recognized certification at
the end such as the CompTIA A+ (which I'm signed up for this fall, btw-
because it's the closest I can get to what I'm after at the local community
college).

What do people here know that I don't know about OpenStack learning &
training? Do any programs stand out as being great that you know of?

Please advise.

Kindest Regards,

-Chris