[Openstack] Ceilometer does not collect metrics like vcpus and memory

Nicolas Barcet nicolas at barcet.com
Thu Apr 25 07:10:51 UTC 2013

Hello Giuseppe,

I am not sure which Hypervisor you are using, but it seems that it is not
KVM which would be the reason why only partial information is collected.
 At this time, KVM is the only fully instrumented Hypervisor, even though
we would really welcome patches from users of other hypervisors.

Best,
Nick

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Giuseppe Civitella <
giuseppe.civitella at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to collect Ceilometer's metrics from my test install of
> Openstack Grizzly.
> I'm able to collect most of the metrics from the central collector and the
> nova-compute agents.
> But I'm still missing some values like memory and vcpus.
> This is an abstract from ceilometer's log on a nova-compute node:
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/36567/
>
> vcpus and memory_mb are empty values.
> Any idea about how to get them?
>
> Thanks a lot