[Openstack] multi-process-api-service

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:35:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Nandavar, Divakar Padiyar (STSD)
<divakar.padiyar-nandavar at hp.com> wrote:
> >From the information available in the blueprint for "multi-process-api-service" I see that implementation has been completed and would be available as part of Folsom release  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multi-process-api-service
>
> I see the advantage in back porting this to ESSEX as well.  Any thoughts on this?   Were there any discussion earlier on this topic for back porting to ESSEX?

I'm not sure this is particularly needed for Essex. We're successfully
running a bunch of discrete nova-api process across a few systems with
Essex, load balanced using nginx, and it works great. This requires a
little more work on the setup side, but it has proven stable for us.
(it also allows us to service any of our machines that service
nova-api requests without taking a user-visible hit, which is an added
plus)
 -nld