[Openstack] Doc on nova-volume

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Wed Sep 26 21:49:02 UTC 2012

Hello,

I recently setup an OpenStack environment using two servers.  I read-up the document "Object Storage Administration Guide" at the OpenStack site.  I have two questions:
 - I love the first few chapters of this document that talks about conceptual parts of a cloud OS, and then maps the components in it to what is provided by OpenStack.  However, this document refers to the "Cactus" release.  Is there an updated document for the Essex release  (containing similar chapters)?
 - I am trying to understand (detail wise) the difference in services provided by swift (object store) and nova-volume.  For example, if I wanted to provide storage/volumes/LUNs via FCoE, should I be pretty much focusing on the "nova-volume" module.

Any pointers to documents would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Ahmed.