[Openstack] Packaging Horizon

Clint Byrum clint.byrum at canonical.com
Mon Sep 17 17:50:26 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Gabriel Hurley's message of 2012-09-14 20:40:25 -0700:
> Now I'm not well-versed in the legalese of all the distros, but that sounds like splitting hairs on the meaning of "compiled from source". If I run it through LESS and commit the file to the repo does that make it "from source"? It'd solve your problem exactly the same.
>
> I'd be curious to know the definition here, but that seems like overkill to me. If its what you need I'll do it for Folsom, but... thoughts?

The reason this is important is that one of Debian's main purposes for
being is that you can solve your problems with nothing but the archive. If
there is a problem in said CSS/JS generated by LESS, then a user cannot
easily 'apt-get source horizon', edit the file, and be on their way. They
really need the source code and a way to regenerate the compiled bits.

Seems to me that packaging LESS would be pretty easy though, so I don't
think this will be an issue in the long term. Including the compiled
one is just a short-term solution.