[Openstack] question about multi-host network configuration

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:15:37 UTC 2012

Sure, we've been running in that sort of configuration since bexar.
The only tricky part is that you need to make sure that you run
nova-api-metadata on each nova-network server, and you need to make
sure that floating IPs can get to the appropriate fixed addresses (ie
if a fixed address is not routed from the nova-network instance where
the floating address is served from). That last bit pretty much
requires setting up something like ospf for route exchange between
your nova-network servers. (fixed networks aren't pegged to one n-net
instance or the other, so they can move over time)
 -nld