[Openstack] strange problem when reboot nova-compute node: domain not found: no domain with matching name

romi zhang romizhang1968 at 163.com
Thu Sep 13 16:15:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've installed essex and when I reboot one of the nova-compute node and next
when I start nova-compute service again,the system promote:

Libvirt: QEMU error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name
'instance-0000000a'

Then I found:

#ls /var/lib/nova/instances

_base instance-0000000a instance-0000000b instance-0000000c

#ls /etc/libvirt/qemu

instance-0000000b.xml instance-0000000c.xml Network

So:

/var/lib/nova/instances/instance-0000000a# virsh define libvirt.xml

Domain instance-0000000a defined from libvirt.xml

And:

#ls /etc/libvirt/qemu

Instance-0000000a.xml instance-0000000b.xml instance-0000000c.xml network

Then I restart: nova-compute &, and nova-compute could normally started.

I did not understand why reboot compute node,and usually the first
instance's xml file was deleted and nova-compute will terminate.

By the way, when I create a new instance, the first line in the log also is
: Libvirt: QEMU error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name
'instance-0000000a'

Anyone who had met such a problem and why?

Regards,

romi