[Openstack] Quantum PTL election - please check Voters list

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Sep 6 16:31:59 UTC 2012

Dan Wendlandt wrote:
> I must admit even I was unaware of the requirement to be a individual
> foundation member in order to vote in PTL elections (I personally
> happen to be a member already).  There are definitely at least a few
> people on the list below that I feel should be able to vote but can't,
> including two core members, Sumit and Aaron.

It's a requirement that was set upon us by the Foundation bylaws, and
that was communicated on the wiki page describing the election process
(and in one of my subsequent nagging emails). I agree it could have been
communicated a bit more clearly, but hey, I was in vacation :)

> This is not the end of the world, but I'm guessing both Gary and I
> would both feel better if people had a chance to revisit their
> foundation status.  Is there anything we can do about this?

The wording in the rules on the wiki is slightly ambiguous as it
mentions a clear cut-off dates for commits, but no cut-off date for
Foundation individual membership.

My suggestion would therefore be to give Quantum committers until the
end of the day to sign up for the Foundation as an individual member if
they want to participate in the election.

We would enable that interpretation of the election rules if both
candidates agree, and the other election officials agree.

Would that work for you ?

In all cases, we'll clarify this for the upcoming TC elections.
Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Election official