[Openstack] new mailing list for bare-metal provisioning

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 30 08:29:35 UTC 2012

Mark T. Voelker wrote:
> Thus, I'd have missed those messages if I were only subscribed to
> the Quantum topic.

It was my understanding that messages that don't include a proper
topic end up being sent to everyone. So you can use topics to
"actively ignore stuff that has been marked [Nova]", rather than "only
receive [baremetal] stuff".

> Personally I like to see everything so it doesn't much matter to
> me other than in how I set up my email filters, but I think perhaps
> this is one reason why we've had the discussion about more vs fewer
> mailing lists more than once.

I personally prefer to receive everything and do filtering client-side
too. Topics are just an additional option, I guess.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack