[Openstack] new mailing list for bare-metal provisioning

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Oct 29 11:32:31 UTC 2012

Sam Stoelinga wrote:
> If mailing list gets separated, it would be good to have an aggregate
> mailing list we can subscribe to which has all nova related mailing lists.

We really shouldn't go in that direction: the openstack-dev list is
already an aggregator of topics, since we use "mailman topics" on it.

I see a lot of drawbacks in having the ML separate. The only drawback I
can think of in having the baremetal discussions on the main
openstack-dev list is that some people might only want to receive
baremetal stuff. Those (hopefully rare) people can use client-side
filtering on the subject... or we also can setup a "baremetal" mailman
topic so that you can directly filter using your ML preferences.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack