[Openstack] Retrieve Endpoints

Tummala Pradeep pradeep.tummala at ericsson.com
Mon Oct 29 04:21:22 UTC 2012

Hi Joe,

I am actually trying to integrate cloudify with Openstack. To accomplish
this, I have to configure openstack.groovy file in cloudify.

There are two fields here - openstack.endpoint &
openstack.identity.endpoint. I have an example for cloudify integration
with HP Openstack cloud. Hope, it will help you to understand what
exactly these two fields (Last 4 lines) require.

cloud {

// Mandatory. The name of the cloud, as it will appear in the Cloudify UI.
name = "Openstack"
configuration {
// Mandatory - openstack Diablo cloud driver.
className
"org.cloudifysource.esc.driver.provisioning.openstack.OpenstackCloudDriver"
// Optional. The template name for the management machines. Defaults to
the first template in the templates section below.
managementMachineTemplate "SMALL_LINUX"
// Optional. Indicates whether internal cluster communications should
use the machine private IP. Defaults to true.
connectToPrivateIp true
remoteUsername "REPLACE_WITH_THE_SSH_USER_NAME"
remotePassword "REPLACE_WITH_THE_SS_USER_PASSWORD"
}
provider {
// optional
provider "openstack"
localDirectory "tools/cli/plugins/esc/hp/upload"
remoteDirectory "/root/gs-files"
cloudifyUrl
"http://s3.amazonaws.com/gigaspaces-cloudify/cloudify/hp/gigaspaces-hp.zip"
machineNamePrefix "agent"
dedicatedManagementMachines true
managementOnlyFiles ([])
managementGroup "management"
numberOfManagementMachines 1
zones (["agent"])
reservedMemoryCapacityPerMachineInMB 1024
}
user {
user "ENTER_USER"
apiKey "ENTER_KEY"
keyFile "ENTER_KEY_FILE"
}
templates ([
SMALL_LINUX : template{
imageId "221"
machineMemoryMB 1600
hardwareId "102"
//locationId "us-east-1"
options ([
"openstack.securityGroup" : "test",
"openstack.keyPair" : "hp-cloud-demo",
// indicates if a floating IP should be assigned to this machine.
Defaults to true.
"openstack.allocate-floating-ip" : "true"
])
}
])
custom ([
*"openstack.endpoint" :
"https://az-2.region-a.geo-1.compute.hpcloudsvc.com/",*
*"openstack.identity.endpoint":
"https://region-a.geo-1.identity.hpcloudsvc.com:35357/",*
"openstack.tenant" : "ENTER_TENANT",
"openstack.wireLog": "false"
])
}

Now, I am trying the integration with OpenStack deployed on my server.
Do let me know if you get any idea from the above example.

Thanks

Pradeep