[Openstack] Ceilometer API Glossary

吴亚伟 wuyawei.mail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:01:36 UTC 2012

于 2012年10月24日 17:35, Julien Danjou 写道:
> On Wed, Oct 24 2012, 吴亚伟 wrote:
>
>>      I still have questions about the data in the mongodb.
>>      First: All the data about "source" in db is "?",for example:
>>      is it correct?
> Yes, that's what we used for now in the source code, so this is correct.

If it is just like what Eoghan said that  "it is unused right now as
there is only a single source currently", what does the "?" represent?
If I want to establish a customer billing system,do I need it ?

>> second,when I create a instance,there will be meter data created in the
>> mongodb as "resource" and "meter",but for volume ,there is no any data about
>> volume in the db,so why ?Is there something wrong with my devstack or  there
>> is configuration file should be modified?
> If you're talking about cinder volues, you need to configure and run
> cinder-volume-usage-audit regularly to get messages.

I do mean the cinder volumes , but I don't know how to configure it
,could  you tell me more detailed steps on how to do this ?

>> third,I can only see cpu,disk,and network info for instance in the meter
>> data by now ,but there is no memory info,so why?
> Make sure you enabled the notifications via RabbitMQ in nova.

Same to cinder , detailed steps will be highly appreciated .

If I modify the configuration file of service like nova or  cinder , how
to restart the related service in devstack ?

Thanks a lot .

Yawei  Wu
Dalian Hi-Think Computer Technology,Corp.