[Openstack] Cinder Improvement for Grizzly

Akira Yoshiyama akirayoshiyama at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 14:58:22 UTC 2012

2012/10/10 John Griffith <john.griffith at solidfire.com>:

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Akira Yoshiyama <akirayoshiyama at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to join the next design summit but I can't because of the current
>> job.
>> So I wrote my ideas for cinder improvement to etherpad.
>> I hope someone will take up them (or a part of them) at the summit.
>>
>> http://etherpad.openstack.org/CinderImprovementsForGrizzly
>>
>> Table of contents:
>>
>> * New features
>> * Shared volumes for instances
>>
>> * APIs
>> * Validation for all parameters
>> * Validation for state transitions
>> * Keeping previous state for rollback
>>
>> * Drivers
>> * VolumeDriver as the real base class
>> * Unification of create_volume()+create_export() and
>> remove_export()+delete_volume()
>> * Zeroing volumes not at deleting but at creating
>> * Common FileDriver
>> * Post function of nova-side drivers for terminate_connection()
>> * One driver per module file
>> * Checking whether commands work in check_for_setup_error()
>>

>> Any comments will be gratefully appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Akira Yoshiyama <akirayoshiyama at gmail.com>

> Hi Akira,
>
> Thanks for putting this list together.  A number of things on your list have
> been mentioned at different weekly meetings etc so you definitely targeted
> some good ideas.
>
> I'm sure that we'll cover a number of these during various sessions at the
> summit.  We'll sync up via session etherpads, but don't hesitate to add some
> items to the weekly cinder meeting agenda [1], and be sure to drop in and
> present some of these ideas.
>
> There's always the blue-print process as well.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaVolumeMeetings

Hi John,

Thank you for your advice. I'm happy that you were interested in my list.

I'm sorry that I can't join the meeting today. It begins at 1:00am in Japan.
I don't know that blue-prints should be there before design summit or not.
Can I add ones now?

Regards,
   Akira Yoshiyama <akirayoshiyama at gmail.com>