[Openstack] Please provide the step by step guide for 3 node swift instalation steps

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Oct 10 13:01:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:14 AM, John Raja <john.raja at indiainfoline.com> wrote:
> Dear Anne,
> Sorry to disturbing you again and again,

No worries there.

 I have only Two Servers,
Okay, for most Object Storage use cases you want replication and
redundancy because you have many servers, many objects, and want to
protect your data by copying it over and over to ensure you can always
retrieve the object.

If you are interested in an installation for the sake of understanding
how it works, how to operate it, or to develop on the swift project,
you can install an all-in-one with these instructions:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/development_saio.html

> 1) One server I installed Ubuntu 12.04 - This is for Proxy
> 2) Other i installed VMware Esxi, And created two VMs - Storage Nodes

I believe this could work but I don't have exact instructions. It also
doesn't do what Object Storage was designed for which is highly
available (no matter if drives or servers fail), and distributed
(perhaps even across earthquake fault lines) storage. It could be fine
for testing purposes though.

> This is the rightway to do this or i am doing wrong. And Explain How many
> minimum server required for testing.

For testing, try the All-in-One on your Ubuntu server.

Can anyone else on the list comment on whether you can do the Swift
all-in-one on 12.04?

Anne