[Openstack] First steps in development for cloud.

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Nov 27 15:00:18 UTC 2012

Hi Jorge,

Your questions are a bit vague. A bit more detail would be useful, such as what language are you looking to develop in?

It's not a tutorial but you might find http://wiki.openstack.org/SDKs helpful. It lists some of the known SDKs that have support for OpenStack.

As for auto-provisioning, you might want to checkout puppet or chef.

Regards,
Everett

From: Jorge Luiz Correa <correajl at gmail.com<mailto:correajl at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:45 AM
To: "openstack at lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack at lists.launchpad.net>" <openstack at lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack at lists.launchpad.net>>
Subject: [Openstack] First steps in development for cloud.

Hi all!!

I would like to know if there is some tutorial about first steps in development for cloud. For example, the dev team here asked to me about some API, libraries etc that help them in development of an application that could interact with the cloud. What they want is to develop an application that know it is running over a cloud environment. The second step would be auto-provisioning, creating new instances automatically.

Tks!!

--
- MSc. Correa, J.L.