[Openstack] temporary disabling auto_assign_floating_ip from the command line

Olivier Archer olivier.archer at ifremer.fr
Wed Nov 21 14:59:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

  I've found the auto_assign_floating_ip very useful, especially from the
dashboard. But in some cases and from the command line, i don't want to
have an ip automatically associated with an instance.
  So i'm founding a way to disable auto_assign_floating_ip from the nova
boot command. is it with the --hint or --meta option ? I've try
something like:
  nova boot --image=myimage --flavor=m1.small --hint
auto_assign_floating_ip=false myinstance
with no success ...

regards

--
Olivier Archer