[Openstack] Looking for a good Folsom + Quantum guide

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Fri Nov 16 19:54:07 UTC 2012

Note: use network definitions describe here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/connectivity.html

With an overlay type deployment using NVP or OVS plugins you can choose to
consolidate the "data network" and "management network" and use the same IP
adress for both types of connectivity if you like.

You definitely want the "external network" (used for floating ips, etc.) to
be a different IP network, as you wouldn't want VMs having direct access to
your management network or the network you use for tunneling.

Dan

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt