[Openstack] Quantum Suggestion

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Fri Nov 16 00:02:07 UTC 2012

Yes, this has been suggested before and I think would be valuable.  One
complication is that in quantum, there are multiple possible
implementations (e.g., some plugins require agents, others don't), but I
think it would be possible to abstract things in a way that are useful
(e.g., show the status of various devices, and what "functions" they are
implementing).

dan

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Skible OpenStack <
skible.openstack at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi stackers,
>
> Just like Nova does have the nova-manage service list to check on how well
> the nova-services are running in all the nodes, i suggest that quantum does
> the same. After all, we have the l3-agent, dhcp agent, quantum server and
> many plugin agents running in different nodes and it will be nice to have a
> common monitoring function which checks the state of each service
>

> The blueprint is registered here:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/quantum-monitoring-functionif anyone is interested.
>
> Best regards

Dan Wendlandt