[Openstack] Can't switch projects in horizon using devstack to install stable/folsom

Ray Sun qsun01185 at cienet.com.cn
Wed Nov 14 12:17:29 UTC 2012

I used devstack to install stable/folsom, but I can't switch projects after
successfully installation.

I try to find the reason, and I found the code in
python-keystoneclient/keystoneclient/v2_0/tokens.py:
 37         reset = 0
 38         if self.api.management_url is None:
 39             reset = 1
 40             self.api.management_url = self.api.auth_url
 41         token_ref = self._create('/tokens', params, "access",
 42                                  return_raw=return_raw)
 43         if reset:
 44             self.api.management_url = None
 45         return token_ref

I don't know what does the code mean, but I guess it affects the project
switcher.

The reason is when the page is generating, the horizon try to retrieve all
accessible tenants, but in the request.user the endpoint is None, and this
variable is set by management_url. And the code above will always make the
management url is None. So can anyone explain the code for me? Thanks a lot.

- Ray
Yours faithfully, Kind regards.

CIeNET Technologies (Beijing) Co., Ltd
Email: qsun01185 at cienet.com.cn