[Openstack] Bridge mappings in folsom

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed Nov 14 06:13:32 UTC 2012

Hi Neelakantam,

There refer to provider networks, which are quantum networks that are
mapped directory to a specific flat or VLAN network in your data center.
 Please see this page in the Quantum Admin Guide (and its three
sub-sections):
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/provider_networks.html

Provider networks are useful if you are implementing a "flat" network
scenario, or if you have a data center with existing VLANs already in use,
and want to be able to map VMs to those VLAN networks.

dan

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Neelakantam Gaddam
<neelugaddam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have few questions regarding bridge mapping in folsom release.
> In the quantum configuration file, there is a config param for bridge
> mapping:
>
> bridge_mappings=default:br-eth1 (ListOpt) Comma-separated list of
> <physical_network>:<bridge> tuples mapping physical network names to
> agent's node-specific OVS bridge names. Each bridge must exist, and should
> have physical network # interface configured as a port.
>
> Can anyone elaborate on this parameter?
>
> What are these physical network names and why they mapped to ovs bridge
> names ?
>
> Please help me in understanding network setup using folsom.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Neelakantam Gaddam