[Openstack] Bug with the openVSwitch plugin Agent !

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Nov 8 20:48:27 UTC 2012

This is not an issue with the agent.  I believe this was handled in another
post, which pointed out that 12.10 originally shipped with a version of OVS
that did not include tunnel support, but this has since been correctly.

See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1068365

Dan

p.s. thanks to rkukura for making sure there was a friendly error message
in this case :)

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Skible OpenStack <skible.openstack at gmail.com
> wrote:

>  Hi to all !
>
> I am using Quantum with Tunneling and this is my
> /etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini
> [OVS]
> tenant_network_type = gre
> tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
> integration_bridge = br-int
> tunnel_bridge = br-tun
> local_ip = 100.10.10.51
> enable_tunneling = True
>
> When i do look in the log of the openvSwitch plugin agent, i find this
>
> 2012-11-08 12:14:23    ERROR
> [quantum.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_quantum_agent] Failed to create OVS
> patch port. Cannot have tunneling enabled on this agent, since this version
> of OVS does not support tunnels or patch ports.
>
> i am runing ubuntu 12.10 and my OpenVSwitch version is 1.4.3-0ubuntu2
>
> Thank you for your help

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt