[Openstack] Install steps Nova on Multi-node

Abhishek Gupta gupta59 at illinois.edu
Wed May 30 19:39:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am working on installing Open stack Nova on Ubuntu 10.04 from source. I
want to play with the scheduler, hence I want to install from source. I
found instructions at multipleplaces but I am unsure which ones are correct
for my scenario. I am looking to create a multi-node setup.

http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaInstallFestInstructions

http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaInstall/DevInstallScript
http://wiki.openstack.org/InstallInstructions/Nova?highlight=%28\bCategoryNova\b%29<http://wiki.openstack.org/InstallInstructions/Nova?highlight=%28%5CbCategoryNova%5Cb%29>

http://devstack.org/guides/multinode-lab.

Could you point me to correct documentation ? From my understanding,
devstack steps should be the best
?

Also, when I make changes, what is the fastest way to rebuild the code,
install and test ?

Thank you.
Abhishek