[Openstack] File injection support

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Wed May 30 16:03:27 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 03:47 PM, Fredric Morenius wrote:
> Hello Pádraig,
>
> I am also trying to get file injection to work in Essex, but have run into some issues, as stated here: https://answers.launchpad.net/nova/+question/198878

Igor Laskovy also had that "device-mapper: resume ioctl failed:" issue
with the "qemu-nbd" on a cirros image too,
though he didn't need the injection though and just avoided it.

> The image I am launching is a simple bare container qcow2 image (CirrOS, this: https://launchpad.net/cirros/trunk/0.3.0/+download/cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img )

That image is a simple single partition image,
and so should not need the patch referenced below.
What system are you using? If you installed libguestfs then
that should be tried as a method without need for the patch below.

> Would it be possible to backport this: https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/2b3a1e7
> So that file injection as I am trying to do it will work? Or is there any other way to make it work?

The backport is trivial and already done in the Fedora/EPEL Essex packages.

I was thinking though that this was extra functionality
and so not appropriate for the official stable branch?

> The content of this email shall not be considered as a contribution to OpenStack

:)

cheers,
Pádraig.