[Openstack] Identity API v3 - Why allow multi-tenant users?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue May 29 18:28:43 UTC 2012

In the research environment, we have frequent cases where a user is
associated with multiple tenants. For example, when you are finishing work
on a previous project but are mainly working on the new one.

As we move towards domain/tenant/user, we need to ensure that the tools
support multi-tenant per user. Correct accounting is critical.

This does require extra code but it is relevant given the use cases.

Tim Bell

CERN