[Openstack] rabbit MQ and mirrored queues

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri May 25 19:48:00 UTC 2012

Stephen,

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Stephen Gran
<stephen.gran at guardian.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am investigating various high availability options for a pending
> deploy of open stack.  One of the obvious services to make resilient is
> the mq service.  We're going to be using rabbitmq, and we'll most likely
> have N of them in a standard rabbit mq cluster behind a load balancer
> configured as active/passive.  One of the obvious improvements on this
> would be to use mirrored queues to protect against message loss as well
> as service downtime.

I've CC'd Major here whom I know to have tested RabbitMQ mirrored
queues, and who found several consistency issues versus the ostensibly
deprecated, but evidently more reliable DRBD/Pacemaker approach
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/pacemaker.html).

Maybe Major can pitch in some additional thoughts here.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?