[Openstack] [OpenStack][Keystone][LDAP] Does LDAP driver support for validating subtree user?

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:07:36 UTC 2012

Hi Folks ,

I have try with keystone backend by LDAP and Windows AD.

It looks fine . Just want to clarify one point.

For my test result , LDAP driver could only validate users in the
particular container (OU,CN etc.)  and does not include the subtree users.

[ldap]
tree_dn = dc=taiwan,dc=com
user_tree_dn = ou=foo,dc=taiwan,dc=com

For example ....
                User1 :  cn=jeremy,ou=foo,dc=taiwan,dc=com

                User2 :  cn=jordan,ou=bar,ou=foo,dc=taiwan,dc=com

User1 could be validated , and get the token generated by keystone.
User2 could not be validated

Is there any way to validate both User1 and User2  in current design ?

--
+Hugo Kuo+
tonytkdk at gmail.com
+ <tonytkdk at gmail.com>886 935004793