[Openstack] RFC - dynamically loading virt drivers

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon May 21 18:57:10 UTC 2012

On 05/17/2012 06:38 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> The main issue with changing this is breaking existing installs.
>
> So I guess this would be my strategy:
>
> a) remove get_connection from the drivers (and just have it construct the 'connection' class directly)

I'm starting down this path, but a lot of the drivers do substantial
amount of FLAG handling in get_connection before they create the driver
objects.

Do you want to move that FLAGS handling into the object constructor, or
keep having some factory layer to manipulate the flags before we
construct the driver?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague