[Openstack] nova state machine simplification and clarification

Gabe Westmaas gabe.westmaas at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri May 18 15:58:36 UTC 2012

I agree, this looks much more clear compared to where we are now.

I'd like to understand the difference between a soft and hard delete.
Does an API user have to specify that in some way?  I definitely agree
that you should be able to delete in any state, I would rather it not be a
requirement that the user interact differently when they want to delete a
server that has a task state already set.

Gabe

What exactly is a hard delete from the standpoint of a customer?  Is this
just a delete