[Openstack] HELP: About Nova long time response when taking snapshot

Sam Su susltd.su at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:57:41 UTC 2012

Hi Yun,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I am using essex release. I added one line 'libvirt_nonblocking=true'
in nova.conf, took a snapshot, then created a VM, it also needs a long
time(about 3 minutes) during the task of  'networking' and 'spawning' -- I
think this is because I was snapshoting at the same time.

I am thinking whether it can get better response time if move the glance
service to another server or deploy  multi-node glance. I wonder whether
glance support multi-nodes mode and where can I get the instruction. All
help are appreciated.

Thanks,
sam