[Openstack] Devstack installation script changed ?

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon May 14 07:02:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM, <Vinay_Patkar at dellteam.com> wrote:

> Hi Salman ,****
>
> ** **
>
> Even I am getting the same problem.. I tried  devstack on VM, it says
> unable to locate /etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini
> (file or directory not found).  Could use some help..

Hi Vinay,

I'm seeing this error too with the latest trunk devstack and a clean
install of devstack.  Looks like it was introduced by a commit made late
last week .

The change is very simple, just remove the line that was added and is
causing the error:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commit/962c25eb7421094c6fc1ef7edb56fe1da69a972b#L0R1056.
 For a single node setup, this line is not needed (for a multi-node
setup, see the review here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7001/

This really highlights the importance of people testing their devstack
changes on a clean install before submitting (and in us as a community
getting commit gating using Quantum + devstack).

Salman, this is different than the line you mentioned in your email, but I
suspect that this is the same issue (the two lines look very similar...).
 Can you confirm?  Your fix of substituting $QUANTUM_PLUGIN_INI_FILE for
$QUANTUM_OVS_CONFIG_FILE would have resulted in a no-op, which would have
been the same as removing the line.

Thanks,

Dan

> ****