[Openstack] Devstack installation script changed ?

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon May 14 05:54:18 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Salman Malik <salmanmk at live.com> wrote:

> In the latest script that I downloaded, I had a problem in the following
> line:
> https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/stack.sh#L1062
> where instead of having $QUANTUM_PLUGIN_INI_FILE at the end of line, I had
> $QUANTUM_OVS_CONF_FILE. Changing it had fixed this issue but now I am
> seeing another problem related to ovsdb-server.
>

> The "provider =" line belongs in the QUANTUM_PLUGIN_INI_FILE , its
> impossible for things to have worked without that.  Perhaps you tweaked the
> file?  Either that or perhaps someone temporarily submitted a change to
> devstack that broke things.
>
> I think you have misunderstood me here. In the latest script I had $QUANTUM_OVS_CONF_FILE
> in the line mentioned above, rather than having $QUANTUM_PLUGIN_INI_FILE
> (which as you said contains the provider info). So I replaced $QUANTUM_OVS_CONF_FILE
> with $QUANTUM_PLUGIN_INI_FILE.

I'm confused here, as the git history says that this line in the file
hasn't changed since March, so it seems odd that it would have say
$QUANTUM_OVS_CONF_FILE, rather than the correct $QUANTUM_PLUGIN_INI file.
 See: https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blame/master/stack.sh

Perhaps I'm still misunderstanding you.  Can you reproduce this on a clean
checkout of devstack?  If so, can you send me the first couple lines from
running "git log" in the devstack directory?

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt