[Openstack] 'admin' role hard-coded in keystone and nova, and policy.json

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:10:26 UTC 2012

policy.json is entirely end-user configurable (it's not hardcoded at all):
replace every instance of "role:admin" in your policy.json (there's two by
default in nova's policy.json, for example) with "role:myadmin", create the
corresponding "myadmin" role in keystone, and grant it to the appropriate
users instead of "admin".

You can also have multiple roles with admin-like behaviors (see nova's
admin_or_owner as an example), or roles with very limited sets of
capabilities, e.g.:

    "volume:create": [["role:custom_role_that_can_only_create_volumes"]]

-Dolph